1 Year and A WILD WEEK 8-31-2021

 I FOUND OUT THIS WEEK I'M GOING TO MEXICO ON SEPTEMBER 21ST!!! 


I'm absolutely blown away to be honest, this came out of left field. I am nervous for Mexico because I haven't spoken Spanish really since my training almost a year ago. So now I will be doing Spanish studies again before I go, haha. I had a feeling these past few weeks that something was coming up and I should go to Mexico if I get the chance, and now my chance is here! And I hit my year mark of being a missionary this past week too! Everything has been happening at once, it's crazy. I am so blessed for this year of my life, and I've learned so much, even just normal life skills. And two weeks ago was a game changer for me in life, I am so sorry for not writing a weekly email about it. I will probably write about it today too if I have time. Very briefly though, 2 weeks ago we had Elder and Sister Bennett from the 70 come to our mission, and we had a zone conference with them and a mission leadership council. One of the things I've learned from that is shorter, more frequent lessons with people which has been a huge blessing this past week!

Last P-day we played pickleball and tennis with our district which was fun, it was my first time playing tennis, I thought I didn't do too bad. Tuesday is where things started getting wild! We had service and a couple lessons, and then we got rear ended on the way to another lesson! Elder Duersch and I had never been in an accident before, so we were calling our vehicle coordinator a bunch and it was a little stressful. But the guy that hit us was pretty nice at least, we even got a picture with him! We still had our lesson, which was with some members, it was a little interesting, but it was good! We had to go to the church that night to file and report the paperwork, and half the ward showed up to watch a 2v2 basketball game between the stake president and his son vs a returned missionary and departing missionary. It was wild!

Wednesday we went to the Coldwater district council which was really good! And then one of the Elders in the mission reached out to me. He had checked the mission calendar and it said we were going to Mexico on the 21st! No one even told us, haha it was just on the calendar. And then later that week I had an interview with my Mission President and he started off by asking how I felt about leaving soon. So he just assumed I already knew haha. It was a really good interview too, I will miss Michigan and President and Sister Heap. 

We had some great lessons with our friends with the spirit very present. We are trying to have our lessons very short, like 15 to 20 min. And as soon as the spirit is the strongest, we leave with a commitment and a prayer. That way our friends have the spirit linger longer and can ponder. It's been so great, especially for our friend Hannah! And we found a couple new friends doing that too! 

I had a couple great tradeoffs this week too! I was with Elder Jones in Benton Harbor on Thursday. He's still in training, but he is so good! And Benton Harbor is very similar to Saginaw. Very ghetto, and St. Joseph next door is very nice. Except it's on the bay haha. It was a good time! On Saturday I was on MSU campus with Elder Power who is an AP. It was a blast! We walked around MSU, and people were moving in and there was people everywhere! There were quite the outfits though, especially the girls yikes. But we saw a really cool miracle! I said hi and waved to a couple girls as we walked by, and as they walked past, they sprinted back to us! And they wanted to learn a bit more and gave us their numbers! And apparently they went to church! Super cool!

Yesterday Elder Duersch and I went and walked around WMU and it was a party! They gave us free root beer floats, we learned how to juggle a little bit, and talked to a lot of people! We gave one guy a Book of Mormon got a few numbers, it was awesome! I think I have some pretty decent social skills now. Haha. But we are loving life! 

God is still God, and Jesus is still the Christ! -Brother Howey


(I am adding in his address in case anyone wants to send him a note or something before he heads off to Mexico!!)

4449 Hemmingway Drive 

Kalamazoo, MI 49009 United States



Elder Williams

Please pray for:
Sean
Hannah
Nasrullah
Hannah
Savannah
Kyle

Pictures

1. Lighthouses in Saint Joseph
2. Elder Jones and I
3. Elder Power and I at MSU
4. Spartacus statue
5. Green Water
6. Elder Duersch and I at WMU
7. The guy that hit us
8. Superman cake I made for a friend











 
 



 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Phase 3? 3-29-2021

Divisiones y Abuelitas πŸ‘΅πŸ½πŸ‘‚πŸ‘©πŸΎ‍πŸ¦½πŸš—πŸ’¨ 3-21-2022

The only light I need is the light of Christ! 10-2-2021