Ice Age- The Meltdown 3-1-2021

Hey everyone!

This week has been a good adjustment to a new transfer! I forgot to mention last email, but Elder Johnson got transferred down to Grand Rapids to train a new missionary. We now have Elder Hunter here as a zone leader. He's a cool guy too, he's from Tri Cities Washington. So this transfer will be really good too! 

So it warmed up quite a bit this week, we saw 45 degrees one day! So sadly the bay is no longer frozen over, and those ice volcanoes are basically slush right now. We could still go and walk on them, but I fell through a few times. It was still fun though, I'm not sure how much longer they'll last. The meltdown has begun.

We were able to find two new people this week, their names are Steev and Cameron. Steev plays a lot of instruments, so that's really cool, Cameron actually fell of a roof a little while ago and broke his back. So he'll be in a brace for 12 weeks he said, so please pray for him. We were able to share the restoration with him, and he said he would probably check out the Book of Mormon, hopefully we'll get some time to go down to Kingsley to give him one. 

We were also able to meet with Joe and Maida a couple times this week, and Maida was supposed to have a big surgery Friday, but it was cancelled because she got tested Covid positive. So please pray for her. Her and Joe are doing really well, their faith is amazing and they are progressing so well! We also were able to meet with Mariah with the Cadillac sisters again,  she is amazing! She's going places. We met with a lot of members too over zoom, we have some really good members in this branch.

We also were able to meet with the Shattuck and Kuemin families again yesterday. They had me play guitar this time, I'm not the best at that sort of thing but I think it went pretty well! They let us share a message, so we talked about Jesus Christ and His sacrifice and Atonement for us using the Book of Mormon. They said it was so beautiful and they really loved it! They also said they will be willing to read the Book of Mormon!! I'm so excited for them, they are such a wonderful family and have such a sweet spirit in their home! I can't wait to see where they go! So thank you for all your prayers with that one!

With transfers, it is hard to say goodbye to so many people you've become friends with, and the best zone ever being moved around so much! But I know I will see all of these people again, even if it's not in this life! Here's to the best zone!

I also had the wonderful opportunity to Zoom in to my home stake's Missionary prep class, and that was such a blessing! I was able to see some dear friends and family, and hear some other missionaries testimonies from around the world from back home! It's so beautiful how this work and this love of Jesus Christ can bring us all together! The spirit was so strong and I had time to reflect on the blessings of serving a mission even during hard times, and what I could've done better to prepare to serve. And there's so much you can do to prepare, but really just having a testimony and a desire to grow it and a desire to work hard despite anything you will encounter will lead you the whole way. That's because Christ is there with us, the whole way.  He is helping all of you out, just look for His hand in your life! Have a great week all of you, I love you all!

Stay Sweet
Elder Williams 


Prayers:
Steev
Cameron
Maida
Joe
Mariah
Lisa
Rebecca
Shattucks and Kuemins


Pictures: (sorry for so many)
1. Elder Johnson
2. Elder Hansen
3. Elder Wilson
4. Elder Corbett
5. Elder Graham
6. Probably the last time by ice volcanoes 
7. New TC boys
8. Sledding in Cadillac
9.  Elder Roberts
10. We Da North!! 🀟
11. Last time as a district















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Phase 3? 3-29-2021

Divisiones y Abuelitas πŸ‘΅πŸ½πŸ‘‚πŸ‘©πŸΎ‍πŸ¦½πŸš—πŸ’¨ 3-21-2022

The only light I need is the light of Christ! 10-2-2021