Sprint Week # Dos 2-15-2021

Hello everybody! 

     I hope all of you had a wonderful week, and a wonderful Valentine's day/Arizona's birthday! This week as you can tell from the title, was our second sprint week since I've been out here! And our mission leaders increased our goal this time to about 5,500 total invitations in the mission. Those include invitations to learn, read the Book of Mormon, come to church, and member lessons set up. Let's just say that our mission had 7,315 total invitations! We crunched those goals, it was so great! I didn't think Elder Roberts and I would make our part as a companionship, but we did! The Lord does provide miracles!
     However, we did have a lot of lessons fall through this week which was very sad. But we hope some of those people will be able to meet with us this week, so please pray for them! (Names down below)
     But,  we do have some exciting news! We were able to invite our friend Maida Cross to be baptized and she accepted! We weren't even thinking about baptism going into a lesson with her, but the spirit led, so we put her on date to be baptized on March 27! Sadly, we had to take our friend Joe Wood off date for now, he's being overwhelmed with college and work, and now this as well. But he still wants to be baptized, we'll just have to take it a little slower to help him out.
     We had the Houghton Lake elders over for trade-offs with the zone leaders, and it was really fun to hang out with them again. We also had the Manistee Elders over for trade-offs with Elder Roberts and I, and that was really fun as well! I was with Elder Graham who is my district leader, and he gave me some good advice for training Elder Roberts. I'm going to implement some of the ideas he gave me, and hopefully they work. We also got to go to Olive Garden for dinner with them, and we had a small amount of time, and we didn't think we'd make it because they said it would be a 30 min wait to get inside. But miracles do happen, because we got inside and ate before we had to go! 
     Zone conference was this week as well, sadly it was virtually but it was still really good! I learned a lot in that one hour, we learned how to be more bold in extending commitments and how important they really are. When we extend a commitment to someone, we are helping them to progress, and to learn more about the gospel and feel the spirit on their own. And that's what we need to have, because conversion to Jesus Christ is a personal thing. It's not some young men or women telling us what to do that converts us, it's that spirit that we feel that tells us it's true and it's the right thing to be doing. And if we follow that spirit, we can come closer to Jesus Christ and be happier in our lives.
     I hope all of you have the bestest of weeks! You deserve it! 
Elder Williams 

Please pray for:
Maida 
Joe 
Steven
Mariah
Dylan 
Kyle
Lisa
Conrad

Pictures:
1. That's me with Manistee today
2. Elder Graham and I
3. Last pic with Elder Bennett(he went back to Brazil Friday)
4. Us and Houghton Lake

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Phase 3? 3-29-2021

Divisiones y Abuelitas πŸ‘΅πŸ½πŸ‘‚πŸ‘©πŸΎ‍πŸ¦½πŸš—πŸ’¨ 3-21-2022

The only light I need is the light of Christ! 10-2-2021