The cold has begun!!
Hello family and friends! It has been another fantastico week, and I hope all of yours was as well! We had many good devotionals this week and I learned much, and feel myself growing more each day in this gospel. It is truly amazing, I love my life! There is never a dull moment, and it's amazing to how the work can move forward even though we are in a time of quarantine and social distancing. It has been amazing to see, I have had so many people I've been able to talk to over Facebook here in this area.
We got to know a new lady named
Antoinette this week and got to teach her a little bit, and it was
amazing! She was so eager to learn, and she even came to church this
week! After the first lesson! We also had another lesson this week with
that guy that was a little crazy we taught for my first lesson. He says
he believes the Book of Mormon is true, and that Joseph Smith was a
prophet, but he just wants to study on his own. He says if he steps in
any church building he'll die instantly I guess.
Most of
the leaves have fallen now, it's been super windy, snow, and cold.
Which is why I'm so thankful I was able to come last week, and catch
those fall leaves before they were all gone. We went on some pretty
walks, and got to see the bay again. I always want to say it's a sea or
ocean, but nope. It's just a lake. And I was almost attacked by some
lady's dog, but my companion and I scared it off. I was this close to
kicking it though.
We had the elders over from Petoskey
for a day. They all get to speak Spanish, which kinda isn't fair. But
it's all good, I just need to practice my Spanish more if I'm going to
Mexico at some point. It's just really hard to practice since I don't
get to speak it even in the slightest, and my companion is supposed to
be learning Portuguese. Also, I bought a guitar last Monday. That's
pretty fun, now I gots to learn some new songs on that.
We had a really good fast Sunday, I was able to fast for many people
that needed help. I also got the opportunity to bear my testimony. But I
guess I was all caught up in the moment, because I forgot to introduce
myself and say who I was and where I was from. So Brother Callman
stepped up to the pulpit after me and said, "That's Elder Williams, and
he's from Arizona. He forgot that part." That was funny, but a little
embarrassing haha.
We had district Pday today, we went
bowling down in Cadillac. It was really fun, one of the sisters whooped
all of us. So that was pretty embarrassing. But then we had some good
pizza, and good times. Also, President Trump came to TC today. We
figured, when would we ever see the President ever again, so we went to
the rally. We were only outside the airport fences, but we saw his plane
land with the beautiful sunset, and heard his voice. That was a super
cool experience, a one in a lifetime probably. It didn't really count
since we were so far away, but we just wanted to see for a minute, we
had other work to do.
All of you have a week as wonderful as you are!!! -Elder Williams





Comments
Post a Comment