First Week!

 Hola friends and family! It has been exactly one week since I have stated the MTC (Missionary Training Center) online. I didn't expect it to be as fun since I am not actually able to go to Mexico City in person, but doing it online has been a blast! Because it is online, I have an extra six weeks to spend with my family, which is a blessing. My district has 15 people, (13 elders and 2 sisters) and they are so much fun! There is never a day that goes by where I don't laugh, or have fun in our classes. There also is never a day that goes by that I don't learn something from one of them or our teachers. Everyone has a special spirit about them, and they are all so kind and energetic. I have felt the spirit every day in class, and I have felt the Lord's guiding hand helping me learn Spanish, I never thought I could make this quick of progress learning the language. On Sunday we were supposed to have a devotional with the MTC President, but their zoom meeting only allowed 100 people, so most of our district couldn't get in. One of the Elders suggested that we have a testimony meeting instead, so we did. The spirit was so strong and it moved me to tears. I learned so much that night and I knew that it was no coincidence that we couldn't join the devotional.      

     So some interesting things, I got my temporary reassignment due to Covid to the Michigan Lansing Mission. I will be leaving the week of October 19. I am excited to serve in Michigan until Mexico opens up! We found out that the mission president in Michigan is my grandpa's first cousin. And when I was set apart as a missionary, I was set apart by my other grandpa's first cousin. It is a small world after all! I found out that my companion for the MTC also went skydiving before his mission, and he is such a great guy. His name is Elder Carson, he is from Fillmore Utah. He has also helped me learn some things that I can do to improve myself. Anyways, I miss seeing you all! Por favor, take care of yourselves out there, and always have fun! I'll keep you updated on how things are going back here at the Williams' house.

Elder Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Phase 3? 3-29-2021

Divisiones y Abuelitas πŸ‘΅πŸ½πŸ‘‚πŸ‘©πŸΎ‍πŸ¦½πŸš—πŸ’¨ 3-21-2022

The only light I need is the light of Christ! 10-2-2021