1st Week in the Field

Hola everyone!

     So it's been a crazy week and a half! I finally got to go through the temple on the 17th. That was a special experience, and I got to have some family and friends go through with us. The blessings of the temple are immeasurable! I was able to give my farewell talk the next day, and thank you to all that listened or came to support me! It means a lot to me! And then the next day on Monday I arrived here in Lansing. I LOVE it here so far! We arrived as a group of 20 coming into the field, it was crazy! We have well over 200 missionaries in this mission! I am assigned up here to Traverse City near the bay. It's super nice weather, I like it a little cold. It's been between the 30s and 50s. There is a super cool forest close by that has all sorts of trees, and it has a hippie area where the trees are spray painted. It's just really pretty with all the fall leaves and such.
     My companion is Elder Keyser, he's pretty chill honestly, and we share an apartment with our Zone Leaders, and they're great as well. One of them, Elder Crookston, lives like 15 minutes away from me back home, he is from Shumway/Snowflake. We celebrated his 20th birthday this week, he's just a great dude. We had companion exchanges with the guys from Grayling too this week, and one of the guys Elder Clark gets to go to his original assignment in Germany today. We are all going to miss him, but he will do great in Germany.
      It's kinda hard here, because we can't go out and find people to teach in person, and we can't do service unless it's an approved organization. We've helped at Safe Harbor and Habitat for Humanity a bit this week. And we do most of our finding on Facebook. Once we find someone to teach, we can teach them in person, but with masks on the whole time. And members can't feed us, and we can't do member lessons in person. So we taught one lesson this week. If I could picture one of the craziest lessons, I don't think it would be as crazy as it actually was with this guy. It was nuts. And there is quite a few interesting people in this area for sure. We have had great devotionals, and had some good times. We got to go to church Sunday, but there was less than 30 people so us 4 Elders passed the sacrament. There was some great talks, and it was funny because the guy conducting seemed to spray a whole bottle of sanitizer after each person went to the podium. It was fun.
     I so love it out here, there is no place I'd rather be. Michigan's pretty chill. We have so much mission lingo.
 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Phase 3? 3-29-2021

Divisiones y Abuelitas πŸ‘΅πŸ½πŸ‘‚πŸ‘©πŸΎ‍πŸ¦½πŸš—πŸ’¨ 3-21-2022

The only light I need is the light of Christ! 10-2-2021